Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Birdie!


Today at Konopiste golf club www.gcko.cz playing the Radecky course on the 8th hole, par 3 I got a birdie. Not an amazing feat under normal circumstances but I was 80 metres away from the hole with my pitching wedge in my hand. GET IN THE HOLE!!!! For non golfers to give them a hint at the magnitude of the occasion I should explain the last time I did a shot like this I was 21! I was playing on a municipal course in Leeds, it was 7.30 am in the morning and I was in a bunker below the green and couldn't even see the hole from my position.
Just like most people will always remember where they were when they heard the news about JFK, Elvis, John Lennon ,Princess Diana or Michael Jackson I guarantee you every golfer always remembers these special shots. For this reason do we golfers , come rain or shine, get up early and drive for miles just to hit a small white ball backwards and forwards across a 6km field.
Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.